Cytology & Anatomic PathologyCONTACT INFORMATION
Staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Director: Tom Bassler, M.D.
Cytology Reference Manual
The PAML Cytology Laboratory offers full-service testing on:
- Gynecologic Specimens: SurePath and ThinPrep liquid based, and conventional Pap slides
- Non-Gynecologic Specimens
- Fine Needle Aspirate Specimens
Cytotechnologist assistance with:
- Radiologist-Performed Deep Tissue FNA
- Pathologist-Performed Superficial Tissue FNA
To provide clients and their patients with the highest quality of care, all non-gynecologic and FNA specimens are rescreened, as are 24% of all gynecologic specimens. Correlation between cytologic and surgical diagnoses is closely monitored.
Cytopathologists are available for consultation on submitted cases.
Our ASCP certified staff of cytotechnologists and pathologists ensure that we provide the highest quality cytology services. Enhanced QA procedures, our Internet-based Test Orders & Results, and monthly pap summary / statistical breakdown reports are a few of qualities that make PAML the reference laboratory of choice.