Effective October 1, 2015
- All laboratory orders for dates of service after October 1 must contain an ICD-10-CM code.
- Please ensure you are providing complete billing information, including an ICD-10-CM code, for each laboratory service requested.
- Failure to provide an ICD-10-CM code will result in a query back to the ordering provider to obtain this information.
- Billing will not be translating ICD-9-CM codes to ICD-10-CM codes for dates of service October 1 and after.
- Physician orders written after the transition to ICD-10 must use ICD-10-CM codes.
Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
CMS Road to 10 is your one-stop source for all things ICD-10, provided by CMS.
Below is a list of quick references links within CMS Road to 10.
Other ICD-10 Resources