The Pain Management drug monitoring group provides information to the physician, assisting them in monitoring their patients for drug effectiveness, compliance, and drug abuse.
Our comprehensive panels provide information on how an individual metabolizes drugs, with the intent of maintaining effective levels, providing comprehensive and personalized care.
Our group uses the latest technologies with a focus on:
- Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA)
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS)
- Liquid Chromatography / Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
Certification is an important component when selecting a provider of clinical drug management.
PAML is certified by the following agencies:
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA)
Patients who are battling chronic pain seek providers who will find safe and effective treatment plans for them. To assist in assuring proper medications are being prescribed, physicians will monitor compliance through urine drug testing. This helps identify potential negative drug interactions with other prescribed medications.